Terms of Service
TEAMPEL END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This User Agreement (“Agreement”) is between ZEON Corporation (“ZEON”) and the person or entity that has downloaded this software (“you,” “your” or “yours”). This Agreement describes the terms under which you may use the machine executable object code version of the software accompanying this Agreement and including upgrades as described below (collectively, “Software”). By downloading and using this software you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by all the terms of this Agreement. You understand and agree that this Agreement is between you and ZEON, not with any third party.
YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE A NATURAL PERSON OVER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE, OR THAT IF YOU ARE UNDER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE YOU ARE EITHER AN EMANCIPATED MINOR OR HAVE THE LEGAL PERMISSION OF YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT. YOU FURTHER REPRESENT THAT YOU MAY LEGALLY ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT YOU AGREE WITH ALL THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
ZEON MAY CHANGE THIS AGREEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME, AND POST THOSE CHANGES ON ITS PUBLIC WEBSITE AT LEAST THIRTY (30) DAYS BEFORE SUCH CHANGES BECOME EFFECTIVE, UNLESS SUCH CHANGES ARE IN RESPONSE TO A CHANGE IN LAW, JUDICIAL ORDER, OR AN URGENT CHANGE IN ZEON’S BUSINESS, IN WHICH A SHORTER PERIOD MAY APPLY. YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT FREQUENTLY TO NOTIFY YOURSELF OF SUCH CHANGES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE, HOWEVER, THAT YOU SHALL BE BOUND BY ALL SUCH CHANGES, IF ANY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU ACTUALLY RECEIVE SUCH NOTIFICATION. IF YOU SO REQUEST AND PROVIDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS, ZEON WILL ALSO NOTIFY YOU BY E-MAIL OF ANY SUCH CHANGES.
DOWNLOAD AND LICENSE.
- Download. By agreeing to comply with all the terms of this Agreement, you may download the Software from the Teampel website.
- License. Subject to all other terms of this Agreement, ZEON hereby grants to you a personal, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license, without the right to grant sublicenses, and solely for the term of this Agreement. You agree not to modify the Software, remove any notices or markings on the Software, or reverse compile, reverse assemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to learn, use or disclose the trade secrets contained in the Software, transfer the Software in whole or in part over a network, or permit any third party to do any of the foregoing. There are no implied licenses under this Agreement.
- Confidentiality. You acknowledge and agree that use of the Software is furnished during the term of the Agreement to you on a confidential basis for your personal use and not for redistribution. You shall not use, publish, disclose, or otherwise divulge to any person, at any time, either during or after the term of this Agreement, any non-public information regarding the Software (including, without limitation to, any passwords).
- Upgrades. From time to time, ZEON may release new versions on Teampel website. In such case, the terms, Fees and details of any such release shall be provided in the website and ZEON’s emails to Your registered address, if applicable. If you purchase an upgrade of the Software, your existing product will be replaced by the "Upgrade" version. Using the upgrade version will render your existing copy obsolete. You should stop using and destroy all documents related to the pre-existing version of the product, including any "Enabling" material you may have received previously.
USE OF THE SOFTWARE.
- Configuration. You agree that it shall be your sole responsibility to ensure that any security or other settings on your software, including, without limitation to, any router, switch, server or data storage hardware over which the users may communicate via the Software, are properly configured to enable such communication.
LIMITATIONS.(You agree to the following:)
- You will not change, remove or add to any part of the Software.
- You agree that your use of the Software shall be for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- You agree that you shall not use the Software to violate the privacy or other rights of any third party.
- You agree that ZEON may add to, delete from or modify the Software at any time without notice and without permission from you or any third party.
- You agree that the content of the Software and the trademarks and service marks on the Software are owned by or licensed to ZEON.
- You agree that you shall comply with all applicable laws, and that if any law of your jurisdiction makes the performance of this Agreement, or the use of the Software illegal, you agree that you shall terminate this Agreement upon notice to ZEON, and shall not use such Software.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Software, and you will not impersonate any third party or interfere with any third party’s use of the Software.
You agree that you shall not use or permit the use of Software: (i) for any dangerous activity; or (ii) for any activity where any failure of the Software to perform properly would or could cause damage to persons or property.
- You agree that ZEON shall not be held responsible at any time under any circumstance for any loss or corruption of data. If you have data which required secure preservation, it is your duty to make multiple backups and store these backups in multiple locations to avoid loss from acts of nature or other circumstance.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ZEON, its parent, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, threats, suits, proceedings, losses and liabilities (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or related to: (i) your use of and access to the Software; (ii) your violation of this Agreement; or (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property or privacy right. This obligation will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
SERVICE AND SUPPORT.
Service. You hereby acknowledge that the Software may: (i) not operate properly or be error-free; (ii) contain errors which may or may not be corrected; and (iii) not perfectly meet your requirements.
Support. If you have provided ZEON with a valid e-mail address, you may use that e-mail address to contact ZEON regarding any questions or errors you may have or encounter with the Software at email@example.com or you may contact ZEON via ZEON’s help page on www.teampel.com. ZEON shall use its commercially reasonable efforts to answer such questions and correct such errors (where such errors are reproducible and caused by Software) by e-mail or via telephone during ZEON’s normal business hours. The foregoing states ZEON’s sole liability, and your sole right, with respect to such questions and errors.
E-mail Notices. If you have provided ZEON with a valid e-mail address, ZEON may notify you from time to time by e-mail of information that ZEON believes may be useful or important to you regarding your use of the Software. You maintain the right to opt out of such notices by informing ZEON.
Term. The term of this Agreement shall commence upon your download and installation of the Software, and as long as you meet any applicable payment obligations and comply with this Agreement, ZEON grants you a personal, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to use the Software only for the period of use subscribed with payment, or in accordance with ZEON’s product discontinuation policies, as updated from time to time, and only for the purposes described by ZEON for the Software.
Termination for Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement upon notice for the material breach of the other party which breach has remained uncured for thirty (30) days (three (3) days for a failure to pay Fees in time) after notice thereof to the breaching party.
Termination for Convenience.
By You. You may terminate this Agreement at any time without cause and upon notice. In such case, any Fees already paid by you shall not be refunded, and you shall immediately cease any use of the Software.
By ZEON. ZEON may terminate this Agreement without cause and upon notice given at any time after you checked the “AGREE” box as provided above that you purchased or are using with Software.
Effect. Upon the expiration or termination of this Agreement, you shall immediately cease any use of Software. In such case, you shall have no obligation to pay any additional Fees, but any Fees already paid by you shall not be refunded.
CONDUCT AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Conduct. You understand and agree that perfect security does not exist anywhere, and you will therefore protect your Personal Information in a reasonable way at all times. Accordingly, you will not disclose or publish your Personal Information to those that would reasonably be expected to improperly use or disclose that Personal Information.
Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL ZEON BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER AND WHEREVER ARISING. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF ZEON UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR REGARDING THE SOFTWARE EXCEED THE NUMBER YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE. Some jurisdictions do not allow certain limitations of damages so the foregoing may not apply to you.
APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT COURT.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan), without regard to its conflict of law principles. Any dispute arising under or in connection with this agreement or any transactions hereunder shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Taipei District Court, Taiwan, Republic of China. You further agree that you will not participate in any way in any class action in connection with any such dispute, either as a class representative plaintiff or as a member of a putative class.
Statement. ZEON PROVIDES THE SOFTWARE ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY. ZEON HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEAL, USAGE OR TRADE, AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS OR TITLE. Some jurisdictions do not allow disclaimers of certain warranties so the foregoing may not apply to you.
Limitations. You understand and agree that in the event of any third party claim that the Software or your possession and use of the Software infringe that third party’s intellectual property rights, ZEON shall, to the extent applicable, be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
Neither this Agreement, nor any rights hereunder, may be assigned by operation of law or otherwise, in whole or in part, by you without the prior, written permission of ZEON. Any purported assignment without such permission shall be void. This Agreement may be assigned by ZEON in whole or in part without notice. ZEON may subcontract some or all of its obligations hereunder without notice. Any waiver of any rights of ZEON under this Agreement must be in writing, signed by ZEON, and any such waiver shall not operate as a waiver of any future breach of this Agreement. In the event any portion of this Agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable, such portion shall be severed from this Agreement, and the remaining terms shall be separately enforced. Your use of the Software shall at all times comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. This Agreement is the entire agreement between the parties with respect to this subject matter, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous or additional communications, negotiations or agreements with respect thereto. You will indemnify and hold ZEON (and ZEON’s officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, licensees and employees), harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your violation of any law or regulation, or the rights of any third party. You agree that: (i) the Software shall be deemed solely located in the Republic of China (Taiwan); and (ii) the Software does not, and shall not be deemed to, give rise to personal jurisdiction over ZEON, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the Republic of China (Taiwan). YOU AND ZEON AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION FIRST ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or claims about the Software or this Agreement, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
and served by ZEON Corporation and governs the privacy of its users who choose to use it.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience.
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website's email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
Subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites.)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.